Zinc is an important nutrient that is essential for human health. Over 2 billion people are done zinc levels low worldwide. This leads to problems in the body. Zinc naturally present in meat, fish, and seeds. That is used by the body for hundreds of important functions.
Top food sources of zinc are oysters, seaweed, crab meat, liver, grass-fed beef, chia seeds, and soaked pumpkin seeds. This type of food contains 100% bioavailability this which is easily absorbed by the digestive system.
Health benefits of Zinc
- Immune Health:- That plays a very important role in supporting a healthy immune system. That is used to make white blood cells. That reduces prevent infections from viruses, fungus, and harmful bacteria and raises the body’s natural defenses. That also helps to activate T-cells which attack infected and cancerous cells in the body.
- Wound Healing:- That is involved with every stage of the healing process in the body. That plays the main role in wound healing. That helps the body to make new proteins such as collagen. Those repairing skin tissues and cells
- Viral Infections:- Studies suggest that taking this type of supplement and foods can help to treat viral infections and the common cold. That is cuts down the length of time of infection by around 40%. That does this by reducing inflammation in the mucous membranes in the mouth, throat, sinus, and lungs.
- Anti-Aging:- Studies show that this helps to reduce the effects of aging. That does this by fighting free radicals and can help to stop-loss of collagen with age. This also helps to reduce macular degeneration of the eyes. Getting lots of trace minerals like zinc and selenium in the diet can help to strengthen bones.
- Testosterone:- In men, that plays the main role in maintaining healthy testosterone levels. That helps to reduce the testicles from shrinking with age, and also helps to produce healthy new sperm. Most importantly, this helps to reduce prostate enlargement. That does this by blocking testosterone from being converted to DHT.
- Mental Health:- That people who suffer from depression and low mood are often deficient in Zinc. This mineral helps to increase neurotransmitters in the brain. which make you feel good such as dopamine. That is used in hundreds of different enzyme processes that help the synapses in the brain to communicate.
- Muscle Growth:- When the muscle is built then the body uses more zinc to build muscle because it is involved with synthesizing muscle proteins. This means that it is an important role to get lots of zinc into the diet from healthy foods when running, exercise, especially weight training. This helps muscles to repair and grow faster.
- Skin Health:- Many medical skin creams contain added zinc to help skin problems. The minerals play a key role in reducing skin problems like acne, dermatitis, rosacea, sunburn, dry skin, bedsores, and hyperpigmentation. It works well when consumed from healthy food sources.
- Heals Ulcers:- This also helps to heal the internal skin inside the body and reduce stomach ulcers, problems in the colon, and mouth ulcers. That helps to process and binds to DNA for growing new cells. That is important to consume zinc every day because the body does not store it very well.
- Helps Diabetics:- Those people who suffer from diabetes are often deficient in Zinc. That is important to consume more zinc if you have diabetics, as the mineral helps the pancreas organ to make insulin. That plays an important role under control the bold sugar level. This is a secondary benefit of weight loss.
This is a key mineral for our body that supports the activity of over 300 different enzyme functions. Those people are deficient by this who consume too many refined foods like sugar, rice, bread, and flour because that are blocks the absorption of zinc.
How much Zinc needs daily and how to get more Zinc in our diet
Adult men and women need at least 11mg and 8mg per day. Pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers may need at least 12mg per day. If you are taking a supplement, be sure it contains ‘Zinc Biglycinate Chelate’. That is easily absorbed in the body.
It also promotes fertility in adults and growth in children besides that zinc is also needed for maintaining the senses of smell and taste there has been speculation in some clinical studies that protects by the covid19 infection.
Top 10 Zinc fruits & foods and quantity
- Pomegranate (anar) -> 0.4 mg/100 g
- Raspberries -> 0.4 mg/100 g
- Guava 0.2 mg/100 g
- kiwi 0.1 mg /100 g
- Avocados 0.6 mg/100 g
- Blackberries and Blueberries 0.2 to 0.4 mg /100 g
- Oysters 61 mg/100 g
- Red meat 4.8 mg/100 g
- Alaskan crab 7.6 mg/100 g
- Yogurt and Mushrooms